- Triple Bottom Line
- The Case for Sustainable Landscapes
- Sustainability and the Value of Plants (Bob Dolibois, ANLA)
- Yue, Chengyan, Jennifer Dennis, Bridget Behe, Charles Hall, Benjamin Campbell, and Roberto Lopez. 2011. Investigating consumer preference for organic, local, or sustainable plants. HortScience 46(4):610-615.
- Yue, Chengyan, Terry Hurley, and Neil Anderson. 2012. Heterogeneous consumer preference for native and invasive plants: Evidence from experimental auctions. HortScience 47(8):1091-1095.
- Hugie, Kari, Chengyan Yue, and Eric Watkins. 2012. Consumer preferences of low-input turfgrasses: A conjoint analysis. HortScience 47(8)1096-1101.
- Behe, Bridget K., Benjamin Campbell, Jennifer Dennis, Charles Hall, Roberto Lopez, and Chengyan Yue. 2010. Gardening consumer segments vary in ecopractices. HortScience 45(10):1475-1479.
Grower Adoption of Sustainable Practices
- Dennis, Jennifer H., Roberto Lopez, Bridget Behe, Charles Hall, and Chengyan Yue. 2010. Sustainable production practices adopted by greenhouse and nursery plan growers. HortScience 45(8):1232-1237.
- Hall, Tanya, Jennifer Dennis, Roberto Lopez, and Maria Marshall. 2009. Factors affecting grower willingness to adopt sustainable floricultural practices. HortScience 44(5):1346-1351.
- Nursery Environmentally Friendly Practices
- Climate Friendly Nurseries Project
- Sustainable Sites Initiative
- OFA Standards website
- ISO 14000 Series
- Walmart Sustainability Index
Business Strategy Responses
- State of Green Business 2010
- Climate Business – Business Climate
- The Business of Sustainability
- Strategy and Society
- Leading a Sustainable Enterprise
- Why Sustainability is Now the Key Driver of Innovation
- Rattling Supply Chains
- Retail: A Pivot Point for Sustainability
Life Cycle Analysis (carbon footprint)