- Triple Bottom Line
- The Case for Sustainable Landscapes
- Sustainability and the Value of Plants (Bob Dolibois, ANLA)
Life cycle analyses of nursery and greenhouse crops
- Modeling Container-grown Poinsettia (Euphorbia pulcherrima) Production System Components: Impacts on Carbon Footprint and Variable Costs Using a Life Cycle Assessment
- Global Warming Potential, Variable Costs, and Water Use of a Model Greenhouse Production System for 11.4-cm Annual Plants (Wax Begonia) Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Modeling Global Warming Potential, Variable Costs, and Water Use of Young Plant Production System Components Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Analysis of Production System Components of Container-grown Chrysanthemum for Their Impact on Carbon Footprint and Variable Costs Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Comparison of Three Production Scenarios for Buxus microphylla var. japonica ‘Green Beauty’ Marketed in a No. 3 Container on the West Coast Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Carbon Footprint and Variable Costs of Production Components for a Container-grown Evergreen Shrub (Ilex crenata ‘Bennett’s Compacta’) Using Life Cycle Assessment: An East Coast U.S. Model
- Comparison of Carbon Footprint and Variable Costs of Selected Nursery Production Systems for a 5-cm-caliper Red Maple
- Carbon Footprint and Production Costs Associated with Varying the Intensity of Production Practices During Field-grown Shrub Production
- Carbon Footprint and Related Production Costs of Pot-in-Pot System Components for Red Maple Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Carbon Footprint and Related Production Costs of System Components for a Field-Grown Viburnum × juddi Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Production Costs of Field-grown Redbud (Cercis canadensis L. ‘Forest Pansy’) Identified during Life Cycle Assessment Analysis
- Life Cycle Assessment to Study the Carbon Footprint of System Components for Colorado Blue Spruce Field Production and Use
- How Green Are Trees? — Using Life Cycle Assessment Methods to Assess Net Environmental Benefits
- Carbon Footprint and Related Production Costs of System Components of a Field-Grown Cercis canadensis L. ‘Forest Pansy’ Using Life Cycle Assessment
- Understanding Irrigation Water Applied, Consumptive Water Use, and Water Footprint Using Case Studies for Container Nursery Production and Greenhouse Crops
- Understanding Carbon Footprint in Production and Use of Landscape Plants
- Campbell, Ben, Bridget Behe, Hayk Khachatryan, Jennifer Dennis, Charles Hall. 2014. U.S. and Canadian consumer perceptions of local and organic. International Food and Agribusiness Management Review. 17(2):21-40.
- Khachatryan, Hayk, Ben Campbell, Charles Hall, Bridget Behe, Chengyan Yue, and Jennifer Dennis. 2014. The effects of individual environmental concerns on willingness to pay for sustainable plant attributes. HortScience 49(1):69–75.
- Yue, Chengyan, Jennifer Dennis, Bridget Behe, Charles Hall, Benjamin Campbell, and Roberto Lopez. 2011. Investigating consumer preference for organic, local, or sustainable plants. HortScience 46(4):610-615.
- Yue, Chengyan, Terry Hurley, and Neil Anderson. 2012. Heterogeneous consumer preference for native and invasive plants: Evidence from experimental auctions. HortScience 47(8):1091-1095.
- Hugie, Kari, Chengyan Yue, and Eric Watkins. 2012. Consumer preferences of low-input turfgrasses: A conjoint analysis. HortScience 47(8)1096-1101.
- Behe, Bridget K., Benjamin Campbell, Jennifer Dennis, Charles Hall, Roberto Lopez, and Chengyan Yue. 2010. Gardening consumer segments vary in ecopractices. HortScience 45(10):1475-1479.
Grower Adoption of Sustainable Practices
- Dennis, Jennifer H., Roberto Lopez, Bridget Behe, Charles Hall, and Chengyan Yue. 2010. Sustainable production practices adopted by greenhouse and nursery plan growers. HortScience 45(8):1232-1237.
- Hall, Tanya, Jennifer Dennis, Roberto Lopez, and Maria Marshall. 2009. Factors affecting grower willingness to adopt sustainable floricultural practices. HortScience 44(5):1346-1351.
- Nursery Environmentally Friendly Practices
- Climate Friendly Nurseries Project
- Sustainable Sites Initiative
- OFA Standards website
- ISO 14000 Series
- Walmart Sustainability Index
Business Strategy Responses
- State of Green Business 2010
- Climate Business – Business Climate
- The Business of Sustainability
- Strategy and Society
- Leading a Sustainable Enterprise
- Why Sustainability is Now the Key Driver of Innovation
- Rattling Supply Chains
- Retail: A Pivot Point for Sustainability
Life Cycle Analysis (carbon footprint)
- Guide to PAS2050 How to Assess the Carbon Footprint of Goods & Services
- Life Cycle Inventory& Assessment
- What is Life Cycle Assessment?
- What’s Your Carbon Footprint?
- Business Carbon Calculator
- Carbon Fund Calculator
- Be Green Now
- Green Toolkit