This 1-hour self-directed training video has been designed for those who have never had any greenhouse experience to provide a brief overview of very basic information about growing plants, integrated pest management, shipping and handling, and safety procedures. This training module is perfect for those who have never stepped into a greenhouse before! (Note: It is not designed for experienced growers.)
It is available in both English and Spanish and is divided into 5 modules:
- Introduction and Industry Overview — this module provides a general description of the greenhouse industry;
- Greenhouse Basics — there are two sections that follow the production of a greenhouse crop from beginning to end;
- Insects and Diseases — this module introduces some of the most common pests on greenhouse crops;
- Finished Crops — this module covers basic shipping and handling procedures; and
- Safety in the Greenhouse — this module provides some important tips on how to stay safe on the job.
Each module in the course includes several quiz questions to challenge your knowledge along the way. A transcript of the training materials is available for download. The total amount of time to complete the training is 1 hour. We hope this educational program becomes an integral part of your training program for new employees.
Please go to AgriLife Learn to register.